Phone numbers and fax numbers are not maintained in the Lawyer Registration system.
The Lawyer Registration Office maintains just one public mailing address for each lawyer. Email addresses are not public record information.
Update mailing and email address online
Lawyers can change their mailing and email address through the Online Lawyer Registration System. You do not need to notify the Lawyer Registration Office if the change is updated through the online system.
1. Submit the Name Change document, along with a photocopy of the marriage license, divorce decree, or name change order changing your name
2. Include in your correspondence:
Your former first, middle, and last name(s),
License number, and
New first, middle, and last name(s)
3. For an updated license card, mail cash or check (made payable to “Minnesota Supreme Court”) in the amount of $10.00 with your written request
Reporting Your Professional Liability Insurance
Each active practicing lawyer must report whether the lawyer has professional liability insurance and, if so, must report the professional liability insurance information each year, and when it changes. See Rule 6 of the Rules of the Minnesota Supreme Court on Lawyer Registration for more information.
How to update your professional liability insurance information
If your professional liability insurance information has changed, log in to the Lawyer Registration Portal and update the information found on the left side of the page.
The following questions about liability insurance information must be answered:
1. Do you represent private clients?
Yes or No
2. If yes to Question 1, are you covered by professional liability insurance?
Yes or No
3. If yes to Question 2, who is the primary insurance carrier? (For example: Minnesota Lawyers Mutual)
4. If yes to Question 2, do you intend to maintain professional liability insurance for the next 12 months?
Yes or No
Some documents require a PDF reader to view properly.